Pearce-Sunsites lies in the picturesque Sulphur Springs Valley between Willcox and Douglas, 85 miles southeast of Tucson. One’s a mining ghost town; the other, very much alive as one of Arizona’s leading agriculture areas.
Pearce is home to the now-shuttered Commonwealth Mine, one of the state’s major silver producers from 1895 to 1942. But don’t pass it by – this ghost town is home to two properties in the National Register of Historic Places, the Old Pearce General Store (1896) and Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church (circa 1916). Several other historic adobe and frame structures – some intact, some in ruins – including an old cemetery that are scattered throughout town. It just takes a bit of imagination to picture what the town looked like in its heyday.
Sunsites is an attractive community set against a verdant backdrop of apple, peach, pecan, pistachio orchards and grape vines. Almost anything grows in this favorable climate. Farm produce includes alfalfa, corn, chili peppers, pinto beans, and wheat. Bask in the warm hospitality of a local bed and breakfast to extend your time in this pleasant valley. Just to the west of town, the granite peaks of Cochise Stronghold – once refuge of the great Apache chief Cochise – holds phenomenal high-desert hiking trails.
Pearce Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Pearce
- 958 Ghost Town Trail Pearce, AZ 85625
- 160 Acres E Off Eastland Road Pearce, AZ 85625
- 966 S Ghost Town Trail Pearce, AZ 85625
- 906 E Christmas Tree Lane Pearce, AZ 85625
- 1006 E Christmas Tree Lane Pearce, AZ 85625
- 1.28 Acre On Pearce Road, Unit 19 Pearce, AZ 85625
- 1.17 Acre On West Cody Street, Unit 11 Pearce, AZ 85625
- 916 E Christmas Tree Lane Pearce, AZ 85625
- NW Corner Of Topaz & Rising Street, Unit 4 Pearce, AZ 85625
- 1.66 Acres On Euclid Street, Unit 9,12 Pearce, AZ 85625
- .83 Acre On Spruce Road, Unit lot 19 Pearce, AZ 85625
- 1.17 Acre Lot On Victory, Unit lot 5 Pearce, AZ 85625
- TBD March St W Of Desert, Unit 14 Pearce, AZ 85625
Walk Score for Pearce
Pearce School Data
- Ash Creek Elementary School
- PK-8, public
- Pearce Elementary School
- K-8, public